FIFA Ultimate Team is all about the promos and one of our favourites is FUTMAS. We’ve put together a complete guide to the promo below, outlining what to expect and how to get the best out of it. Check it out now:
What is FUTMAS?
No cookies for getting this one right, but FUTMAS is simply the amalgamation of FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) and Christmas, and while it might be EA’s special promo for the Christmas holiday period, the promo kicks off well before the festivities begin. It’s predicted that the FUTMAS promo will begin on the 13th of December and will continue until the last day of the year. FUTMAS has been a part of Ultimate Team for 6 years now and has become one of the most hyped events on the FUT calendar.
What does the FUTMAS promo have to offer?
SBCs: There are likely to be 3 different types of SBCs available during the promo: Daily Player SBCs, Prime Icon SBCs and FUTMAS special SBCs. The Daily Player SBCs last for only 24 hours per round of 3 featured players. For example, the first round of players to be featured last year on the first day of the FUTMAS promo were Alejandro Gomez, Lucas Torreira and Wilfried Zaha. The Prime Icon SBCs are pretty self-explanatory. Meanwhile, the FUTMAS special SBCs are extremely cheap SBCs that offer great packs in return.
Objectives: Thus far in FIFA 20 Ultimate Team, quite a few attractive players have been made available through completing objectives. One such example is 86-rated Tagliafico as part of the Team of the Group Stage objective.
Promo packs: Pretty much like every promo, there will be packs for sale in the store. This will include mega packs, rare players packs, ultimate packs and everything in between.
If the coming FUTMAS follows the trends of previous titles, we should have three Daily Player SBCs. There is a method to determine which players might get featured in those SBCs. Each year there is a daily countdown and last year, that countdown went on for 11 consecutive days till Christmas Eve. On a particular day, the SBCs of those three players will centre around the number of that countdown. For example, last year Day-1 centred around the number 11, Day-2 was around number 10 and so on until the final of the promo ended on number 1.
Here are KieronSFF’s predictions for FUTMAS:
Day 1 (December 13) (Number 12)
- RW: Xherdan Shaqiri 82→84 (Liverpool)
- ST: Kevin Lasagna 77→81 (Udinese)
- RB: Thomas Meunier 82→84 (Paris Saint-Germain)
Day 2 (December 14) (Number 11)
- LM: Douglas Costa 84→86 (Piemonte Calcio)
- CM: Héctor Herrera 82→84 (Atlético de Madrid)
- RWB: Kenny Lala 79→82 (RC Strasbourg)
Day 3 (December 15) (Number 10)
- LM: Yannick Carrasco 83→85 (Dalian Yifang)
- ST: Luis Muriel 80→83 (Atalanta)
- LM: Felipe Anderson 84→86 (West Ham United)
Day 4 (December 16) (Number 9)
- ST: Ezequiel Lavezzi 79→82 (Hebei China Fortune)
- CB: Jeison Murillo 79→82 (Sampdoria)
- ST: Iñaki Williams 82→84 (Athletic Club de Bilbao)
Day 5 (December 17) (Number 8)
- GK: Kepa Arrizabalaga 84→86 (Chelsea)
- CM: Sergej Milinković-Savić 85→86 (Lazio)
- CM: Arthur Melo 84→86 (FC Barcelona)
Day 6 (December 18) (Number 7)
- RB: João Cancelo 84→86 (Manchester City)
- CM: Wylan Cyprien 77→81 (OGC Nice)
- RW: Gerard Deulofeu 80→83 (Watford)
Day 7 (December 19) (Number 6)
- LM: Ivan Perišić 84→86 (Bayern München)
- LB: Jérôme Roussillon 82→84 (VfL Wolfsburg)
- CM: Paul Pogba 88→89 (Manchester United)
Day 8 (December 20) (Number 5)
- CM: Giacomo Bonaventura 82→84 (AC Milan)
- ST: Edinson Cavani 88→89 (Paris Saint-Germain)
- LB: Kieran Tierney 76→81 (Arsenal)
Day 9 (December 21) (Number 4)
- ST: Marcus Rashford 83→85 (Manchester United)
- CM: Moussa Sissoko 81→84 (Tottenham Hotspur)
- CB: Iñigo Martínez 80→83 (Athletic Club de Bilbao)
Day 10 (December 22) (Number 3)
- CB: Presnel Kimpembe 82→84 (Paris Saint-Germain)
- CF: Lucas Moura 83→85 (Tottenham Hotspur)
- ST: Yussuf Poulsen 81→84 (RB Leipzig)
Day 11 (December 23) (Number 2)
- LB: Ferland Mendy 80→83 (Real Madrid)
- CDM: Axel Witsel 85→86 (Borussia Dortmund)
- CB: Antonio Rüdiger 82→84 (Chelsea)
Day 12 (December 24) (Number 1)
- CM: Mousa Dembélé 81→84 (Guangzhou R&F)
- LB: Alex Sandro 85→86 (Piemonte Calcio)
- GK: David De Gea 89→90 (Manchester United)
Tips for FUTMAS
1) As mentioned before, there will definitely be promo packs available in the store. Do not under any circumstances purchase any promo pack, even if there are ultimate packs up for grabs. As lucrative as they may seem at first glance, these packs are almost always a complete waste of coins.
2) You might want to consider keeping high-rated players in your trade pile. Getting a few discarded in-form cards seems like a safe investment too. 83-rated cards will definitely rise in price a few times throughout the entire promo, so they’re definitely must-haves.
3) Don’t just go for every player SBC there is. There will be a handful of SBCs ready to be done during the promo and you don’t necessarily have to do every one of them. Some present a great bang for your buck, while others are less desirable. If it’s a player that has an overpowered base card for its price to begin with, it’s probably worth doing. Also, take into consideration similar players that are available on the market at the same price point.
4) Similar to previous promos on FIFA 20, there will be an upgraded player available by completing objectives. Grind a little and that player will be yours in no time. Since this holiday is the time for giving, we predict that EA will go a little easy on us in terms of the difficulty level of said objective.
5) There might be panic-selling as the promos go on, but don’t fall for it. Rather take advantage of it if player prices fall in value and pick up a player or two that you want to integrate into your FUT squad.
Be sure to play FIFA 20 regularly during the festive period and we hope you score some insane cards to improve your FUT squad. Enjoy the holidays and from all of us at FTBL Gamer, have a Merry FUTMAS and a Happy New Year!